Patient Online Access
Non-urgent advice: Important message from Walnut Way Surgery
In the current crisis we are working to give as many patients as possible online access.
This will allow them to book appointments with our health care assistant Zaki (telephone & video consultations only) & order repeat prescriptions without having to telephone or physically attend the surgery.
This process will take a few weeks as we have hundreds of patients to add individually.
When you are added you will receive an email from us with a list of providers, from which you can choose which ones you’d like to use.
This is what the email will look like:
- Step 1
Have a look at the different providers and what they offer
- Step 2
Create an account
- Step 3
- Put in the linkage key, ods code and account ID which you will receive in the email (the linkage key & account imageabove is just an example) to connect your account to your medical record at the practice.
If the linkage key, ODS code and account ID are not used within 14 days, then they will expire. The surgery will have to be emailed by the patient at [email protected] quoting their full name, address and date of birth along with a request for new codes to be generated and emailed.
Online services allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals
How to register for Online Services
If you have not used our online services before you will need to:
- Contact the surgery by phone or in person
- Verify your identity
- Secure a username and password
- Enter Patient Access and enter your registration details exactly as shown on the form.
- After registering, log on with your username and password.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
What the NHS App does
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices